pitch control with/...

Notifications
Clear all

pitch control with/without time coded vinyl/cd

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

first post on this forum so here goes.... i recently upgraded from my old hercules mk 2 to the rmx and overall i am very happy with it. just one problem. on the old mk 2, when you switched off time coded cds/vinyl and you wanted to then change the pitch slightly, whatever movement you made on the pitch rotator would adjust the bpm from that point. 

on the rmx if you have the pitch set at plus 4% on the virtual vinyl then switch it off, then adjust the pitch slider on the rmx to 0.5%, the bpm drops by 3.5% rather than goes up by 0.5%...........a bit of a nightmare as you can imagine

quest is hoe can i get the rmx to act like the old mk2 when it comes down to pitch control??? 

3 Answers

As far as the hardware is concerned, the pitch fader has the same range on both the MK2 and Rmx, so the behaviour of the pitch is totally dictated by the software , in this case VDJ.

Furthermore, have you been using the same version of VDJ with both consoles ? 

If you have been using the version bundled with the MK2 (3.4.1 being the latest), then moved to the Rmx version (5.2.2 being the latest), it's quite possible that they may have been some important changes between the two version on how the pitch should behave with or without Timecode.

3 Answers
Topic starter

I'm using VDJ 6 Beta for Mac. I think I have figured it out by using the Mapper. Under Pitch i change the narrative to Pitch_relative. I have tested putting the pitch fader on my Technics up to plus 6, turning off the TCV control, then adjusting the slider on the RMX and hey presto, it works. The BPM increases from that specific point, rather than slowing down.

Now if only I can sort my Pitch drifting issues but I believe that is a much bigger problem reading all the various posts........ 

3 Answers

Hello Marcusr,

Have you still the bug with VirtualDJ 6.0.2 Mac?

3 Answers
Topic starter

as far as the hardware is concerned, the pitch fader has the same range on both the mk2 and rmx, so the behaviour of the pitch is totally dictated by the software , in this case vdj.

furthermore, have you been using the same version of vdj with both consoles ? 

if you have been using the version bundled with the mk2 (3.4.1 being the latest), then moved to the rmx version (5.2.2 being the latest), its quite possible that they may have been some important changes between the two version on how the pitch should behave with or without timecode.

Topic starter

im using vdj 6 beta for mac. i think i have figured it out by using the mapper. under pitch i change the narrative to pitch_relative. i have tested putting the pitch fader on my technics up to plus 6, turning off the tcv control, then adjusting the slider on the rmx and hey presto, it works. the bpm increases from that specific point, rather than slowing down.

now if only i can sort my pitch drifting issues but i believe that is a much bigger problem reading all the various posts........ 

Topic starter

hello marcusr,

have you still the bug with virtualdj 6.0.2 mac?