Clear all

pls help! desperately need help with my console:(

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys this is basically the problem.

im using a macbook white and im running virtual dj 6 pro

im using a hercules dj console as well as an external mixer( yamaha mg10/2 )

this version of the dj console comes with traktor le hercules dj console version.

when i installed everything, all the sound was working thru my in built speakers as well

as through the headphones jacks in the front of the console.

however, im more accustomed to virtual dj so i switched.

the first problem was that when i connected my speakers( 3.5mm male ) out through either the rca jacks( i used converters ) or

through the mini jacks, the sound was horrible, and so distorted and the same goes with my headphone monitoring through the

front of the console.

after awhile i managed to use my yamaha mg10/2 and when it came out again through the speakers and headphones, it sounded

great! however when i connect my headphones through the console rather than the mixer, its still distorted.

i need to hear my cues and mix through my headphones, and the only way to do that is through the headphone jack

at the front of the console, or i guess through another sound card which is also a bit troublesome.

is there a reason why there is distortion running through the console?

really need help as ill be using it for a gig and i really wldnt wanna hear the mix with distortion

help would be greatly appreiated(:

mowyob

peace & love 

4 Answers
Topic starter

sorry im using a Hercules Dj Console MP3 though to be honest that again im always unsure cause it never stats on the console that its MP3, just simply, DJ CONSOLE

4 Answers

Hello,

There is no DJ Console MP3, you have apparently a DJ Console Mk1 Mac.
If you have a terrible distorsion when using 2 simultaneous sound cards, you should check in Mac OS the sampling rate of both sound cards, one generally gets such distorsion if both audio devices have not the same sampling rate or sampling step. For example, if your DJ Console Mk1 Mac is at 16-bit/48KHz, you should set your other audio device at 16-bit/48KHz.

4 Answers
Topic starter

ahhh icic so how do i check out my sampling rates and all? AND THANK YOU SO MUCH BTW(:

4 Answers

Hello,

To check the sampling rate and sampling step:
- Connect your DJ Console to the Mac computer, 
- Boot in Mac OS,
- Go to /Application/Utilities
- Run the software Audio MIDI Setup

a) in Mac OS 10.5.5
- Go to the Audio Devices tab
- In the field Properties for, select Hercules DJ Console, and, in the Audio Output field, you can select 48000 Hz on 6ch-16bit.
- I would rather suggest to mix only on DJ Console (both preview and master), but if you want to use 2 device, select your other audio device in the field Properties and make sure it is also set at 48000 Hz 16-bit.

b) in Mac OS 10.6
- Click on Hercules DJ Console in the list on left
- You see directly the format audio of the output (if it is not set as 48000Hz, 6-channel 16-bit, set it as 48000 Hz 6-ch 16-bit),
- I would rather suggest to mix only on DJ Console (both preview and master), but if you want to use 2 device, select your other audio device and make sure it is also set at 48000 Hz 16-bit.

4 Answers
Topic starter

sorry im using a hercules dj console mp3 though to be honest that again im always unsure cause it never stats on the console that its mp3, just simply, dj console

Topic starter

hello,

there is no dj console mp3, you have apparently a dj console mk1 mac.
if you have a terrible distorsion when using 2 simultaneous sound cards, you should check in mac os the sampling rate of both sound cards, one generally gets such distorsion if both audio devices have not the same sampling rate or sampling step. for example, if your dj console mk1 mac is at 16-bit/48khz, you should set your other audio device at 16-bit/48khz.

Topic starter

ahhh icic so how do i check out my sampling rates and all? and thank you so much btw(:

Topic starter

hello,

to check the sampling rate and sampling step:
- connect your dj console to the mac computer, 
- boot in mac os,
- go to /application/utilities
- run the software audio midi setup

a) in mac os 10.5.5
- go to the audio devices tab
- in the field properties for, select hercules dj console, and, in the audio output field, you can select 48000 hz on 6ch-16bit.
- i would rather suggest to mix only on dj console (both preview and master), but if you want to use 2 device, select your other audio device in the field properties and make sure it is also set at 48000 hz 16-bit.

b) in mac os 10.6
- click on hercules dj console in the list on left
- you see directly the format audio of the output (if it is not set as 48000hz, 6-channel 16-bit, set it as 48000 hz 6-ch 16-bit),
- i would rather suggest to mix only on dj console (both preview and master), but if you want to use 2 device, select your other audio device and make sure it is also set at 48000 hz 16-bit.