problem with hercul...

Notifications
Clear all

problem with hercules 4mx

23 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello. i have a problem with my 4mx console.when i use the console, after a while,when i press any button the console is turned off and after a few seconds on again,but nothing works including vdj, and my computer freezes. please help me solve this problem

8 Answers

Are you using the bundled version of VDJ or another version?

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements ( can you list the details about your configuration)?

8 Answers
Topic starter

I use VDJ LE 7.0.2
 Operating system-Windows 7,32-bit
 Processor-Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU  T3000  @1.80GHz  1.79GHz
 Memory RAM-2.00 GB

8 Answers

That system should indeed be adequate.

Take a look at the following document, specifically the section regarding USB ports and power management:

8 Answers
Topic starter

O Yes!!! it helped! Thank you very much!

But I have one more problem( Now I whant to use VDJ 7 PRO with my 4mx consle. when the console is connected,I start VDJ and it says: ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER(DIRECT X/WDM) YOUR SOUNDCARD IS PROBABLY NOT CONNECTED,OR THE SETTINGS ARE INCORRECT. and in vdj configurations : INPUTS - NONE ,  OUTPUTS- HEADPHONES , SOUNDCARD - 4MX CONSOLE
So what can I do about it? Please help!(

8 Answers

Go to the DJ Control panel, and before launching VDJ, be sure that the audio mode is set to WDM.

8 Answers
Topic starter

it is set to WDM and nothing ...

8 Answers

Do you mean that the message still appear ?

Once you are in VDJ, if you select Line Ins for Inputs, then click Apply, the control panel should normally switch to ASIO.

If this is the case, close VDJ and reopen it. What happen ?

If however the mode switch doesn't happen, I would suggest uninstalling Virtual DJ:

- From the first winodow of the installer, select CUSTOM

- for every subsequent windows, choose SELECT ALL for every following ones

This will insure that all fines related to the software are removed ( the folder Virtual DJ should not be present in Document once the uninstallation is complete).

Then reinstall using the latest version.

8 Answers
Topic starter

I have switch from WDM to ASIO mode in 4mx,and it works)

8 Answers
Topic starter

hi I have similar issues i have a old laptop but it is a pentium4 3.5ghz with 1 gb ram and yet the program keeps freezing after half of the first tune is played and the cpu is almost at its limit

i have checked for latency issues using a tester and the report states the pc should be easyly able to handle streaming audio and video i am using virtual dj le with the 20day trial activated i have found that traktor doesnt have as much cpu usage but none of the controlls work and i do not know where to find the mapper for traktor pro scratch and i have asked and looked everywhere any help would be great,namatse

8 Answers

Mapping for using the 4-Mx with Traktor can be found on the Hercules support site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=263&cid=5

8 Answers
Topic starter

Hello, I have a problem with the UP & Down Button on the Hercules 4MX... When I'm Scrolling for music, it gets stuck....Is there a way to prevent this?

Thank you, 

8 Answers

Hello,

What do you mean by "it gets stuck" ?
- that the Up or Down buttons get physically stuck below the metal casing,
- or that the software bufferizes the Up or Down button actions so that, when you release the Up or Down button, the scrolling action doesn't stop immediately,
- or something else?

8 Answers
Topic starter

When I am playing a gig for 4 -5 hours... I'm scrolling for music on the mixer, when I stop it begains to scroll by it self on my laptop...(Hp).. So I thought it was the Laptop, So I bought a Mac. Pro.. It did the same on it... I am up to date with my virtual Dj. I got the Pro Version.. Its NOT going under the metal casing. But, what makes me think its getting stuck is when it starts to do that, I start to wiggle the button and it stops....Can I use a Spray on the mixer? like the ones used for computer keyboards...

Thanks,

8 Answers

Hello,

1) You can also scroll in big lists in keeping pushed down a button Up or Down and turning the jog wheel.

2) I have not seen the issue you meet so I wonder if it is a hardware or a software issue.

If this issue is easy to reproduce on your computer with your 4-Mx and your VirtualDJ, I suggest you remap the Up and Down button of the 4-Mx on the pro version of VirtualDJ (for example set the Down function of VDJ on the Scratch button, set the Up function of VDJ on the Auto button, set the scratch function of VDJ on the down button, and set the Auto function of VDJ on the Up button). If the issue still happens in the same way with the Scratch and Auto buttons, then it is a software or mapping issue.

If the function doesn't happen anymore, it may be a hardware issue on the 4-Mx or it may be due to the position or pression or gesture on the buttons.

What makes me think it is a software or a setting issue rather than a hardware issue is the fact you get it on both the Up and Down buttons: getting the same issue on 2 buttons processing the same function looks more like a setting issue than like a hardware issue.
I doubt a spray may have any positive impact as the 4-Mx is not an old controller, so I doubt there is any rust below the contacts of the Up and down buttons.

8 Answers
Topic starter

Thank you, I will try that......

8 Answers
Page 1 / 2