Notifications
Clear all

record distortion

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, can any1 help?

whenever i use the record option i get a quiet farty distortion during mixes on the playback.
i have turned the gains down on the software and on my virtual controler and it has made no difference.

also when i start up the program i get this message...... error with (directx/wdm) sound driver.
(dont know if this helps, still works fine though, well apart from distortion problem)

i have uninstalled and reinstalld the program several time but it seems to have made no difference.
i had problems to begin withso was sent all the up to date drivers. hellllllllp! 

Please provide more detail about your computer configuration, and most importantly, what console do you use and which version of VDJ  (the provided LE or Pro?).

Topic starter

DJ Console RMX
Windows 7 x86
whenever i use the record option i get a quiet farty distortion during mixes on the playback.
I get the same thing.. I have worked out the distortion only happens when i try to ajust the pitch throudh the round platters and sometimes on the crossfader
I dont think the gains is the issue for me...
I have not resolved this yet so any idears will be helpfull may have somthing to do with midi.

Would have been a better idea to open a new topic rather then adding to a thread from nearly 2 years ago.

That being said, which software do you use ?

What are the recording settings (if any)?

Have you tried changin buffer size and optimizing your system ?

Topic starter

Are you sure it isn't an issue with your microphone/computer? I encountered similar issues and thought it was the music software I was using but it wasn't. It was the fan in my computer and a not so quality mic (and gain issues) so a lot of small issues contributing to one larger problem. I suggest recording using a different program and seeing if the problem continues. If it does, then you know it's not the software. But from first glance I thought it was an issue with the gain, but hey I 'm not an expert. 

As for the sound driver issue, that usually means the sound settings are incorrect. Go to CONFIG > Sound Setup and verify you settings for the correct sound card and hit Apply. Sometimes I encounter problems when updates/the latest drivers aren't installed but seeing as you've uninstalled and installed again this shouldn't be the reason. Hope this helps