sound delay on herc...

Notifications
Clear all

sound delay on hercules 4mx with virtual dj pro (mac)

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i just got 4mx and i do not know that if i connected and set it up correct. because i am having some delay on the speakers.my headphones sound is playing correct but sound on the speakers is not. i update the drivers to dj series 3.31 as well. on virtual dj       i sellect from config 
Ä°nput- none
output-headphones
sound card- hercules 4mx
after that 
i connect from laptop headphone output to 4mx audio in 1&2 after that from output 1&2 to speakers. and when console is connected i can not play the music from itunes as well.

please tell me if i am doing something wrong

thank you for your help

When you connect a USB audio device (such as the 4-Mx) to your computer, it becomes the default playback device. What this means is that instead of using the onboard soundcard, all applications will now use the USB interface instead. In your case, when using iTunes, the audio should come out of the speakers connected to the 4-Mx.

You can modify this behavior from System Preferences > Sound > Outputs, but note that this will need to be done everytime the console is disconnected and reconnected to the computer.

Now, any reasons why you are connecting the Macbook audio output to the 4-Mx input ?

Are you using it as a source in VDJ ?

As for the delay problem,

- What type of speakers are you using ?

-  Are your speakers far away from you computer (or connected with really long cables)?

Topic starter

I like to thank you for your respond first of all

I had befor Rmx console and I was using MAcbook output as a sourse in order to play sounds from ıtunes,other players or youtube beside VDJ.(I am not sure if I can do the same with 4Mx)
My speakers Logitech Z 5500 (I used this speakers with my old console and did not had any problems)
cable 2 meters long and it is a good brand and speakers like in front of me very close.

Anything you could do with the Rmx can be done with the 4-Mx.

To use external sources, you first need to chose the input type in the DJ control panel, then configure VDJ accordingly:

Ä°nput- Line-In
Output-Headphones
Sound Card- Hercules 4mx

As for your speakers, they should configured to use with a stereo source, as explained in the user manual.

Any sort of ambient effect and virtualization these speakers can apply could the cause of delay.

Topic starter

I am trying to update the firmware like it says on the user manual but I do  not get the (boot) for controller under the current(image 1). I install Djseriesinstall3.31.pkg but noting change. As you see on my control panel (image 2) Firmware says v1.0.2.0 but when I plug the usb by holding Mic On/ off it says that I need to update firmware (image3). When I follow the instruction on the screen and install firmware, later it says Hercules devices have been updated (image 4) but noting changes. When I do this steps again I always get the same result.

Where exactly did you see this in the manual ?

The Firmware update process, will be launched automatically if an update is needed. Under normal circomstances, you should have to worry about that.

Now, if you simply connect the console to the computer without pressing any buttons on the console, and let it proceed to the normal initialization phase, once done you should get the following Firmware version in the control panel:

v1.1.13.15

Is that the case ?

Topic starter

I call and ask to Hercules support about this and they send me the mail below. I will find a PC and try it then let you know how it goes 🙂

Dear Mr. Serdar YILMAZ,

Regarding your DJ Console 4-Mx.

In this case, try to update the firmware of the console on a computer that runs Windows.

We have attached to this e-mail a pdf file with the steps of how to update the firmware on Windows.

The procedure was designed for Rmx, but you do the same steps for the 4-Mx too.

Thank you for your collaboration.

We are looking forward to your answer.

--- 

But, again, if you simply connect the console normally to your computer, does is the current firmware version displayed in the control panel ?

Topic starter

my consol version firmware is 1.0.2.0.
Funny part is on lion I am updating the firmware and updater says that my install was successful but actualy noting is changing on firmware. I will try tonight or tomorrow with PC of my wife and let you know how it goes. 

Topic starter

I updated my consol with PC and now all looks good. Firmware is now onv1.2.13.15

Thank you for your help