rmx and windows 7? ...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx and windows 7? is there anyway to make this work?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i am trying to install the drivers to use my rmx with my new laptop running 64 bit windows 7.  i tried running in compatibility mode for vista sp2, but that didnt work.  the spec sheet on the hercules tech support website indicates that it should run with win 7 64 bit [ http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1 ]. 

somebody please help me.  i havent djd in nearly a month and i am going through withdrawls.

5 Answers

Can you give a little more details about what happens during the installation process that prevents the console from installing ?

Are you using the latest drivers (4.HDJS.2010) ?

Have you been following these instructions:

Are any of the components of the console displaying a problem in Device Manager ?

5 Answers
Topic starter

Phatso,

I have tried both of those guides.  I also called Hercules, who provided me with little help (an email telling me to uninstall and reinstall...). 

None of the device components are displaying in the device manager.  It just shows up as an "Unknown Device."  The installation of the drivers completes, but the DJ Console icon in the task manager has the red X through it and I do not have the option to open this program (as I did on my previous computer running vista).  I changed the setting to disallow the USB ports from turning off the power and I have done all the windows updates.  I also cleaned out the registry of all traces of vdj and guillemont and hercules files.

Thanks for your help.

5 Answers

Hello Sloppy,

Are you sure you have not answered to Windows pop up "New Hardware found" when you have plugged the Rmx? 
Do not interact (using your mouse) with any hardware detection windows that may appear during the installation process; 

any such windows will disappear in a short while on their own.

If, when you get Windows New hardware Found pop up while when you connect the Rmx and before the Rmx is fully installed, you click on OK to this Windows Pop Up, Windows crashes the installation of the adequate driver and the device is listed as unknown in the device manager. 

5 Answers
Topic starter

Here is a screen shot of me plugging in the rmx with device mngr open and the drivers installed.

http://plixi.com/p/70905599

5 Answers

Would it be possible to expand the Sound,video and game controller category, to see if at least some of the components have been installed ?

And again, if you run the installation package, is there a point at which somehting seems to fail, or does the installation process completes without giving you any error message ?

5 Answers
Topic starter

can you give a little more details about what happens during the installation process that prevents the console from installing ?

are you using the latest drivers (4.hdjs.2010) ?

have you been following these instructions:

are any of the components of the console displaying a problem in device manager ?

Topic starter

phatso,

i have tried both of those guides.  i also called hercules, who provided me with little help (an email telling me to uninstall and reinstall...). 

none of the device components are displaying in the device manager.  it just shows up as an "unknown device."  the installation of the drivers completes, but the dj console icon in the task manager has the red x through it and i do not have the option to open this program (as i did on my previous computer running vista).  i changed the setting to disallow the usb ports from turning off the power and i have done all the windows updates.  i also cleaned out the registry of all traces of vdj and guillemont and hercules files.

thanks for your help.

Topic starter

hello sloppy,

are you sure you have not answered to windows pop up "new hardware found" when you have plugged the rmx? 
do not interact (using your mouse) with any hardware detection windows that may appear during the installation process; 

any such windows will disappear in a short while on their own.

if, when you get windows new hardware found pop up while when you connect the rmx and before the rmx is fully installed, you click on ok to this windows pop up, windows crashes the installation of the adequate driver and the device is listed as unknown in the device manager. 

Topic starter

here is a screen shot of me plugging in the rmx with device mngr open and the drivers installed.

http://plixi.com/p/70905599

Topic starter

would it be possible to expand the sound,video and game controller category, to see if at least some of the components have been installed ?

and again, if you run the installation package, is there a point at which somehting seems to fail, or does the installation process completes without giving you any error message ?