rmx soundcard/headp...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx soundcard/headphone setup

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys im sure this is an easy fix, and if theres a post on how to do it can you link me up.. πŸ™‚

just got the rmx and got it all hooked up to traktor pretty good

just pretty confused about how to use the souncard to pre listen to tracks and that im on a mac so asio isnt possible like on windows kinda confused on how to get it set up ive spent a while on all the settings and looking around the net for answers, but still confused would appreciate any help so much πŸ™‚

cheers

im on
mac osx 10.6
herculures rmx
4 gig ram
traktor 1.2.2

6 Answers

Go to the Support site and download the file appropriate for your verison of Traktor:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=5

The file contain a PDF document that explain how to configure the Rmx under OS X for both audio  and controller.

6 Answers
Topic starter

ive look through that guide already. I still don't get it.

When i select hercules rmx in the audio device on the audio setup bit in the preferences it only plays through the headphones ?

6 Answers

So you've set Output 1/2 for Master, and Output 3/4 for Monitor, correct ?

Accordingly, your speakers are connected to Ouput 1/2, on the back of the Rmx, and your headphone to either one of the connectors (top or front).

Then, make sure that the Monitor Knob is in the CUE position.

Playing a song on both Deck, if you press the Cue Select button, you should hear that deck in your headphones.

If you want to mix in a new song with the one currently playing, put the Monitor knob in the center position (12 O'Clock) to be able to hear the signal from both the headphoe preview and the main mix.

If you put the Monitor knob in the MIX position, what you hear is the same what is coming out of Output 1/2, your main mix.

6 Answers
Topic starter

nice thanks for that...

anyway to have the mix coming out of my laptop speakers instead of speakers?

thanks πŸ™‚

6 Answers

If you absolutely have to use the computer integrated speakers, try this:

- Connect a cable from Output 1/2 of the console to the LINE input of the computer

-  Download [B]LineIn[/B] from this page:

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

- Run LineIn, leaving everything as default, and click [B]Pass thru[/B]

You should now get the main output mix from the console in your computer's speakers.

6 Answers
Topic starter

awesome nice one ill give it all a go πŸ™‚

thanks

6 Answers
Topic starter

go to the support site and download the file appropriate for your verison of traktor:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=5

the file contain a pdf document that explain how to configure the rmx under os x for both audio  and controller.

Topic starter

ive look through that guide already. i still dont get it.

when i select hercules rmx in the audio device on the audio setup bit in the preferences it only plays through the headphones ?

Topic starter

so youve set output 1/2 for master, and output 3/4 for monitor, correct ?

accordingly, your speakers are connected to ouput 1/2, on the back of the rmx, and your headphone to either one of the connectors (top or front).

then, make sure that the monitor knob is in the cue position.

playing a song on both deck, if you press the cue select button, you should hear that deck in your headphones.

if you want to mix in a new song with the one currently playing, put the monitor knob in the center position (12 oclock) to be able to hear the signal from both the headphoe preview and the main mix.

if you put the monitor knob in the mix position, what you hear is the same what is coming out of output 1/2, your main mix.

Topic starter

nice thanks for that...

anyway to have the mix coming out of my laptop speakers instead of speakers?

thanks πŸ™‚

Topic starter

if you absolutely have to use the computer integrated speakers, try this:

- connect a cable from output 1/2 of the console to the line input of the computer

-  download [b]linein[/b] from this page:

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

- run linein, leaving everything as default, and click [b]pass thru[/b]

you should now get the main output mix from the console in your computers speakers.

Topic starter

awesome nice one ill give it all a go πŸ™‚

thanks