rmx freezes with an...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx freezes with any other software other than vdj.

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

ive this really strange problem. i use my hercules rmx with virtual dj and everything runs smooth and fine without problems.
now, i installed some trial versions of traktor and deckadance, configured them without issues and... everything works fine, at the beginning! sound works, controller works, leds work,...  but, after some minutes (or seconds), the rmx just freezes. some of the lights (random) stay on and the controller isnt working anymore. the music however continuous to play and i still can control the program with the mouse. very strange! this problem never occurs in virtual dj.

anyone who has an idea what can be the cause? i really like vdj, but would love to test some other programs as well...

4 Answers
Topic starter

Do those programs run without the RMX connected? Make sure you get the Traktor .tsi file by the way, and that the RMX is patched to latest driver.

4 Answers
Topic starter

yes, they work fine without the RMX.... And, Traktor (or deckadance) is configured correctly as I can control the program with the controller, lights are working and sound is playing. The controller just seems to freeze after seconds/minutes, while the programs keep working 😐
I'm using the latest Hercules drivers and configured it on ASIO. Really strange... Yesterday I tried a trial of PCDJ to see if that one freezes too... No problems there, all runs fine. So, really don't understand why some programs seem to freeze the controller while others keep on working. 

4 Answers
Topic starter

Ok, this can be closed... Seems everything works fine now, no more freezes! What did I do? hmm, don't know what actually solved it, but 
1) I upgraded my Creative Sound drivers (not needed for the rmx though)
2) I switched to another USB port which (i guess) deliveres more power

Anyway, no more freezes 🙂 still don't know which soft i prefer though... Always worked with VDJ, so that one still remains favorite coz I know every key. 

4 Answers

Hello X11freak,

I don't know why you have met this issue on 1 USB port, but I see the difference between VirtualDJ (and PCDJ VJ) and Traktor or Deckadance: the DJ Console Rmx controls Traktor and Deckadance with MIDI commands, while it controls VirtualDJ and PCDJ VJ via its proprietary software development kit, so probably on your Rmx the USB power slumps cut the MIDI commands prior to stopping the proprietary commands.

4 Answers
Topic starter

do those programs run without the rmx connected? make sure you get the traktor .tsi file by the way, and that the rmx is patched to latest driver.

Topic starter

yes, they work fine without the rmx.... and, traktor (or deckadance) is configured correctly as i can control the program with the controller, lights are working and sound is playing. the controller just seems to freeze after seconds/minutes, while the programs keep working 😐
im using the latest hercules drivers and configured it on asio. really strange... yesterday i tried a trial of pcdj to see if that one freezes too... no problems there, all runs fine. so, really dont understand why some programs seem to freeze the controller while others keep on working. 

Topic starter

ok, this can be closed... seems everything works fine now, no more freezes! what did i do? hmm, dont know what actually solved it, but 
1) i upgraded my creative sound drivers (not needed for the rmx though)
2) i switched to another usb port which (i guess) deliveres more power

anyway, no more freezes 🙂 still dont know which soft i prefer though... always worked with vdj, so that one still remains favorite coz i know every key. 

Topic starter

hello x11freak,

i dont know why you have met this issue on 1 usb port, but i see the difference between virtualdj (and pcdj vj) and traktor or deckadance: the dj console rmx controls traktor and deckadance with midi commands, while it controls virtualdj and pcdj vj via its proprietary software development kit, so probably on your rmx the usb power slumps cut the midi commands prior to stopping the proprietary commands.