Notifications
Clear all

rmx/vdj 7 issue

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have not had this problem up until 3 weeks ago and i have received no help from vdj at all.

i have been using vdj for many years, and the rmx for 2 years.  i have never had this problem before, but it is annoying and bad for my business.

description:

after continuous play (2 hours or more), the jog wheel on the rmx starts to not respond correctly.  it responds, just not how it is supposed to, sometimes even having to spin it the opposite direction to get it to move the direction i want it to.  shortly after that the music just stops.  no lagging, no distortion, no nothing, it just stops.  i have to close out of vdj open a new session and continue playing.  last weekend this happened about every 30-45 minutes (on halloween, with 300 people in a bar dancing).  i am in desperate need of help.  i have a gig tonight and tomorrow night, but am afraid to play.  im going to have to do it the old fashioned way with a mouse and no controller 🙁  thats going to be interesting to mix!

technical specs:

hp pavilion dv7t-3300 - windows 7 home premium 64 bit
intel(r) core(tm) i7-720qm quad core processor (1.6ghz, 6mb l3 cache) with turbo boost up to 2.8 ghz
4gb ddr3 sdram
500gb 7200rpm sata hard drive
1gb nvidia geforce gt 320m - for i7 processors

hercules rmx with up to date firmware and drivers
vdj 7 pro

2 Answers

How long have you been using this computer ? Did you get to use it a while before the problem appeared ?

First thing to check would be the computer's and USB power settings, as described in this document:

Once this has been modified, use the following procedure to test the console:

Basically, leave the software open and make sure the console is still working at regular periods (let's say every hours) to see if it get's disconnected in some ways.

At the same time, play some music through the console (using iTunes or others).

If everythig clears out, then move on to VDJ and see if the issues comes again.

We'll see how it goes from there. 

2 Answers
Topic starter

I got the computer in June.  It is a dedicated DJ computer, no firewalls, antivirus, or misc. programs.  I had been using it since then with no problems.  Only thing I have done differently is updated firmware and updated VDJ to 7 (when the problem started doesn't correlate to those updates though)

I replaced my RMX about 3 months ago after the first one got a full glass of rum and coke spilled on it (don't drink and DJ! lol).

I will try these suggestions out and report back, thank you!

2 Answers
Topic starter

how long have you been using this computer ? did you get to use it a while before the problem appeared ?

first thing to check would be the computers and usb power settings, as described in this document:

once this has been modified, use the following procedure to test the console:

basically, leave the software open and make sure the console is still working at regular periods (lets say every hours) to see if it gets disconnected in some ways.

at the same time, play some music through the console (using itunes or others).

if everythig clears out, then move on to vdj and see if the issues comes again.

well see how it goes from there. 

Topic starter

i got the computer in june.  it is a dedicated dj computer, no firewalls, antivirus, or misc. programs.  i had been using it since then with no problems.  only thing i have done differently is updated firmware and updated vdj to 7 (when the problem started doesnt correlate to those updates though)

i replaced my rmx about 3 months ago after the first one got a full glass of rum and coke spilled on it (dont drink and dj! lol).

i will try these suggestions out and report back, thank you!