Notifications
Clear all

rmx wont work on win 7 64 bit

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi everyone,
  my names mike and im new to this forum. i recently bought a hercules rmx which  i used successfully for a month or 2 running windows vista 64 bit and i loved it.  then i very foolishly listened to a friend and upgraded to windows 7 64 bit without looking online first to see if there were any known issues.  so to make a long story shortwe did the upgrade and now i cant get the hercules drivers to install my rmx just flashes its lights n theres an x in the hercules icon in the task bar ......i have tried everything  i have the latest drivers n it still brings up a dialouge box that says the drivers are too old...ive tried updating the firmware with no luck........deleted the old drivers and turned off the uac on my comp. nothing has helped this is a one yr. old hp touchsmart i also updated my 5 yr. old dell laptop to win 7 and the herc. installed fine on that but the laptop is not fast enough to run virtual dj and herc. and search my external hdd all simultaneously.......so has anyone run into a simalar problem or know what i can do to fix this??????????????
thanks in advance
mike 

2 Answers

Please confirm the following:

- When connected to your 5 yr old laptop, the Rmx currently runs fine.

- If however you connect the same Rmx to your recent computer, the Rmx keeps flashing and is not enumerated correctly.

If this is all correct, let's try a few things:

1) First, uninstall the drivers from Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features

Once this is done and completed, Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers folder and delete the following files (if still present):

- hdjbulk.sys  
- hdjasiok.sys
- hdjmidi.sys

Most likely, this folder will be invisible so you'll have to change your folder visibility properties to allow to view all files.

2) Once this is done, proceed to do all the Windows Updates necessary for your computer.

3) When completed, proceed to installing the latest DJ driver following this procedure:

2 Answers
Topic starter

Phatso,

These instructions have not worked for me.  Any new tips?

2 Answers
Topic starter

please confirm the following:

- when connected to your 5 yr old laptop, the rmx currently runs fine.

- if however you connect the same rmx to your recent computer, the rmx keeps flashing and is not enumerated correctly.

if this is all correct, lets try a few things:

1) first, uninstall the drivers from windows control panel > programs and features

once this is done and completed, go to c:/windows/system32/drivers folder and delete the following files (if still present):

- hdjbulk.sys  
- hdjasiok.sys
- hdjmidi.sys

most likely, this folder will be invisible so youll have to change your folder visibility properties to allow to view all files.

2) once this is done, proceed to do all the windows updates necessary for your computer.

3) when completed, proceed to installing the latest dj driver following this procedure:

Topic starter

phatso,

these instructions have not worked for me.  any new tips?