rmx2 and vdj pro gl...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 and vdj pro glitches (vdj version 7.3 b422)

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so i just brought home a new rmx2 in time for a new yesrs party i was hosting. finally got it set up and running just before party time. i was running music vids all night and the vdj software kept locking up with the controller necessitating a computer reboot each time - can you say awkward? what gives. i am on the verge of taking this lemon back if it cant be trustworthy for other gigs i have planned. also is there any way to de-link the video from the deck gain sliders? when you draw the sound level down, the video starts to fade out as well - not good! i find the controls are very buggy and not very responsive - any way to improve this?

Topic starter

Forgot to mention that when I run VDJ with a standard Numark M3 mixer and just a mouse/laptop it runs all day every day with nary a glitch whwich has me thinking the RMX2 drivers or connectivity is the culprit. I might have to go back to mousing it if I can't sort this out soon. Using a Lennova laptop with dedicated ATI sound card into an old Carver Amp and passive JBL L100 speaks for home setup. Cerwin Vega 18 inch PD-18 monsters for gigs...

Any DJ will tell you that setting a new configuration 5 min before a party and expecting everything to work perfectly is a bad idea (remember Murphy's law...). In an ideal world, adding any new piece of hardware to a computer would work right away, but most of the time, this is not the case.

Comparing DJing to gaming, if you were to change the graphic card of your computer, you might have to configure the BIOS, deal with potential hardware conflict or modify the game configuration to adapt to the new card's possibilities. The same applies to the Rmx2.

What audio configuration for the Rmx2 did you use in VDJ?

I'm guessing you didn't take the time to tweak the ASIO driver or optimize your system?

As for the fading of the video, all you have to do is to disable the option in the VDJ VIDEO configuration menu.

Topic starter

Thanks Phat one and yeah know all that - was really just a house full of friends and to most of them it was a big success except for the awkward moments of silence (for me really) when it crashed all the time. For a true gig I would likely plug the rmx2 into a standard mixer and have a bailout music source (ipod or another laptop). I did tweak the ASIO drivers as best I could before hand and will look into the slider delink so thanks for the top tip. I had wanted the hardware earlier but couldn't get it in til the day-of since I had to order the last unit well in advance from out of town - am a big fan of practice practice practice/Test Test Test as you alluded. As for sound setup - tried for hours to get advanced to work to no avail so went to simple which in the end worked. I usually like to go through an off-board DAC (Destroyer) as the sound is way better than most computer sound cards. Gave up on that due to time constraints. My initial thoughts on the rmx2 is that it is a toy really and not something I will rely on for a gig any time soon until I am satisfied with dependabilty. The problem with VDJ when it crashed was I lost the list of played songs and history with the crash. Live and learn I guess...

Topic starter

Thanks Phat one and yeah know all that - was really just a house full of friends and to most of them it was a big success except for the awkward moments of silence (for me really) when it crashed all the time. For a true gig I would likely plug the rmx2 into a standard mixer and have a bailout music source (ipod or another laptop). I did tweak the ASIO drivers as best I could before hand and will look into the slider delink so thanks for the top tip. I had wanted the hardware earlier but couldn't get it in til the day-of since I had to order the last unit well in advance from out of town - am a big fan of practice practice practice/Test Test Test as you alluded. As for sound setup - tried for hours to get advanced to work to no avail so went to simple which in the end worked. I usually like to go through an off-board DAC (Destroyer) as the sound is way better than most computer sound cards. Gave up on that due to time constraints. My initial thoughts on the rmx2 is that it is a toy really and not something I will rely on for a gig any time soon until I am satisfied with dependabilty. The problem with VDJ when it crashed was I lost the list of played songs and history with the crash. Live and learn I guess...

Topic starter

Oops sorry for double post - typing on a BB Playbook on a ferry (Heading to Whistler to hit the slopes) and screen typing sucks...

Topic starter

Reading my 2nd post I had meant ATI dedicated video card (tried two laptops with nvidia and video was too glitchy) vice sound card but u all probably figured out what I meant.