rmx2 midi mapping q...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx2 midi mapping query - can shift keys be separated

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all - just bought a new hercules rmx2 and have been enjoying (?) mapping additional virtual dj 7 features to the buttons. it seems, though that although there are 2 shift keys on the unit there is no way of mapping each separately. when you use the learn key function and then press the left shift key it displays as "shift" and when you learn the right shift key it also displays as "shift".

i thought i would be able to map different variable to each shift key and so give me a lot more flexibility. am i missing something or is it a limitation of the unit...? thanks

I'm no expert, but technically the VDJScript should be able to handle multiple SHIFT and variable functions, assigned to specific decks instead of being global, at least according to the documentation.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

The command sent by the SHIFT buttons of the console are different, so it is really a matter of understanding how to correctly map them.

Topic starter

Yes - Thanks for that. I thought I might have to download a midi command grabber to see if there's a difference in the code but within VirtualDJ they both get named just the generic 'SHIFT'.