streaming with herc...

Notifications
Clear all

streaming with hercules 4mx and vdj

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i have been trying for weeks to solve an issue i have with vdj and the 4mx.  i have a pc with windows 7 and i run vdj pro 7. my first problem is that im trying to stream live audio on the internet and the feed has a "hissing sound" in the background wen i go live on the internet. im trying to figure out if thats a hardware issue or a software issue. i also have a question about how to set the connection. outputs 1&2 on the 4mx, which i know are used for the mihx track thats playing, go to the line in of the computer im using to stream.  i know outputs 3&4 are for the preview but i need them for my monitor. how can i change outputs 3&4 to go to my speakers so i can hear the mix and still be able to use my headphones to cue up the next track? is there something i need to do in the configurations tab on vdj? i got a lot of help from maxdjack on here but i think i wasnt explaining myself properly.  now im back to square one.

Hello,

1) If you hear a hissing sound in the background when you go live in the internet, it seems you saturate the line in of the computer you use to stream, so you should open DJ Console 4-Mx control panel, and reduce in the control panel the output level of output 1 & 2.

2) To monitor your mix, you have 2 simultaneous output 1 & 2: if you connect the 2 RCA outputs 1-2 to the streaming computer, you still have 2 jacjk output 1 & 2 to connect your speakers.

Topic starter

Thanks Maxdjack. The first part of your answer is something new that I haven't tried yet. Hopefully that will be the solution. I really do appreciate ALL of your help.  I'll keep my fingers crossed this time. 🙂