Notifications
Clear all

traktor 2 duo 2 and dj control mp3 e2

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

ive been messing around with pc based dj software a while now and have a home studio running off a pc. i bought traktor duo 2 and now have a very basic dj control mp3 e2 controller to add to the fun. however, i cannot seem to make traktor recognise there is a controller even though using virtual dj that came with dj control works fine.

here is the background and some of what ive tried.

pc: win 7 64 bit, 16 gb ram
soundcard: presonus firestudio mobile
software:  presonus studio one recording, traktor duo 2 (v2.1.1), dj control mp3 e2 with latest drivers.

ive visited the hercules website and have read the manual and have tried the tsi dj_e2_tp2_v201(pc).tsi but it does not work at all although i do appreciate it is the wrong version. i however stress that nothing here seems to result in any midi control at all, not even a few are right. i have also deleted all the mappings and crated one just for the deck a volume fader just to see if one new mapping would work and this doesnt. ive also tried a couple of other mappings and nothing.

the in-ports and out-ports are selected so i cant see what im ding wrong. its driving me nuts lol!

as i said before the free software that comes with the controller seems to recognise it pefectly well.

suggestions please!!! 

The version of VDJ included with the MP3 e2, doesn't use MIDI, so the it would be difficult to see if the problem is the same there.

Try the following procedure instead:

Topic starter

Hi Phatso

Thanks for your help, ity is much appreciated! I've already tried this diagnotic app and I get an error when I run it and choose start.

"Error when trying to open Midi device
This device is probably open by another application and can't be shared"

I've got a Firestudio card with Midi but that's on Firewire not USB. Not sure how to problem solve Midi in Win 7 but it looks like I have some form of conflict. I also use Presonus Studio One for recording on the PC and this shows the various MIDI devices I have.

I'm pretty savvy in this area but not sure how the Hercules controller works or what it could be conflicting with. My Synth works fine in the sequencer so I know Midi via my firewire soundcard works ok.

When using MIDI monitor, be sure that no other prorams (Traktor or Studio one) is open, otherwise, it will create conflict since the MIDI will already be in use.

That being said, is the MP3 e2 visible (and usuable) as both MIDI input and output device in Studio One, or is this the same problem as within Traktor ?

Is the controller correctly installed ?

Topic starter

Ok so Traktor and Studio One are definately not running. 

If I go to Studio One I can see map DJ controller in as an external source but I can't actually generate midi from it. I've also tried using another midi monitor tool and I get errors from this too. The midi monitor in Studio One detects nothing.

So it all looks right when you setup in both Traktor and Studio One but it just doesn't do anything at all. I'm going to try it on my laptop next to see if it is something to do with my PC. It's a pretty recent rebuild though and I was really careful how I configured the sound card (on board) and external firewire and it work beautifully for audio recording. 

Topic starter

OK so I set up Traktor on my laptop and plugged in the MP3 e2 and it worked straight off so nothing wrong with the hardware. It has to be some sort of conflict on my PC which is really irritating!

I feel a rebuild coming on but I really can't face re-installing all my music software.

Any suggestions for diagnosing MIDI issues in Win 7? 

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling your DJ Control MP3 e2 and reinstalling it on the computer where it doesn't work?
- unplug your DJ Control MP3 e2
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninistall Hercules DJ Product Series drivers
- Restart Windows with an administrator account, disable the antivirus and firewall
- Re-run you DJ Console driver installer (last driver package is 2011 HDJS 4
I don't know what may happened at the first installation, but maybe you had a conflict with the installation of the MIDI driver.

After the installation, you should see your DJ Control MP3 e2 MIDI driver in Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager > Hercules DJ device > DJ Control MP3 e2 Midi..