traktor duo and her...

Notifications
Clear all

traktor duo and hercules 4mx soundcard issuem(need help)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone,
im fairly new to djing in general so excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject.
the problem that i am having is that i have the hercules 4mx and have used virtual dj with it for a while without problems. 2 days ago i got traktor duo and have had problems making them work together. the problem that im having is that traktor doesnt seem to recognize the hercules 4mx soundcard. while i am in audio preferences with audio device set as hercules dj console 4mx asio selected it will still say "please connect and select and audio device" at the bottom of the box.

i have downloaded and set up the tsi and the controls seem to work fine with the audio device set to asio 4 all, but as soon as i select the hercules asio it will say to connect and select device.

i also read the pdf instructions and i still have no luck getting it to work.

what i think from what i understand is that traktor isnt reading or recognizing my hercules built in soundcard.
please any help or suggestions would be apreciated.

Let's check a few things first:

1) - Is the 4-Mx installed correctly ?

2) - If you go back to VDJ for a moment, can you use the following audio configuration:

Input : Line In

Output(s): Headphone

Soundcard: DJ Console 4-Mx

Looking at the DJ control panel, VDJ should switch to ASIO upon launch, then switch back to WDM when closing.

If all this works as described, then the ASIO driver would seem to be working correctly, and should continu to do so for Traktor as well.

However, if you have an issue with either point 1 and/or 2, then we'll see what we can do.

Topic starter

Thank you for the speedy response..
So it seems to be installed correctly. i checked under decvice manager and everything seems fine.
The one thing i did notice is that when i went to VDJ  and selected Line in for input the following error popped up
"Error in the ASIO sound driver: Your soundcard is not connected or the setings are probably wrong"
I had always used VDJ with the input set to none.

Try this:

From the RUN menu (Start > Run or Windows Key+ R), type the follwing line:

Regsvr32 HDJASIOu.dll

Then press Enter

You should receive the follwing message:

DLLRegisterServer in HDJASIOU.dll succeeded

Now try selecting the 4-MX ASIO driver in Traktor.

Topic starter

I did recieve the "DLLRegisterServer in HDJASIOU.dll succeeded" But traktor still not working
it still says to connect or select device.

I was thinking of purchasing a different soundcard, would that work?

Someone just reminded me of a problem we've seen on a recent computer (Intel i7) where certain USB ports would not allow ASIO to be used, similar to what you are experiencing.

Would you happen to have a powered USB hub you could use between the console and your computer, to see if that allows you to use ASIO or if the problem persist?

Also, try different USB ports.