traktor gain confus...

Notifications
Clear all

traktor gain confusion

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello to everyone! i am using traktor pro 2 and when i play from one song to another the volume is really different(this of course doesnt happen to every song).my autogain is turned on.so is it energy level that is different or i read on internet i have to lower the main output to -10 db and also gain knobs and adjust them manually although my auto gain function is turned on?

Topic starter

I have been looking on settings is it possible to map for all my bpm locked tracks that anaylse function activates with replacing existing gain because it adjust on song that is currently playing ? thanks alot πŸ™‚

Topic starter

by that i mean i press load on deck a b c or d and that function with loading applies to any deck

This is perfectly normal for mp3′s from different sources having different volume levels.

You can use the following software to automatically adjusts mp3s so that they all have the same volume:

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

Be sure to use the “Track Gain” method of volume adjustment. This mode makes the software find how far each track is from the desired volume and applies a different amount of gain to each track. If done in “album gain” mode, then the software will assume each track has the same volume level and will apply the same amount of gain to the entire collection, not what we are looking for.

Topic starter

I agree with you that each track has to have its own level I did now analyse tracks first with mixed in key and later on traktor selected them all and clicked analyse with reset gain by that they will all have the best volume I hope hehe πŸ™‚

Topic starter

I think what I do is easier than mp3 gain because its also from traktor setting so I can hopefully normalize the volume of each track I will experiment with it πŸ™‚

Topic starter

also by doing that I am not trying that each track has same volume I am just before playing them setting the right way gain hopefully πŸ™‚