Notifications
Clear all

traktor + rmx = no headphone cue

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all,

ive been playing with vdj pro and the rmx for over a year now, and havent had too many issues apart from the sound quality. just lacked clarity. thought id change to traktor pro 2, and was amazed by the improvement. everything works fine, except i cant preview the next track. uninstalled, re-installed both - the latest rmx drivers as well as the software, a million times. went through (ftp://ftp.hercules.com/sound/tdjs/current/tp_dj_rmx.zip) step by step; everything falls into place, but still no headphone cue. switched around the settings in output routing. no joy. went back to vdj, and its a-ok.

pity, since i was really lovin the sound.

my laptop: asus k40in, windows 7 64-bit.

any help would be appreciated. cheers

The audio configuration is pretty much the same in Traktor Pro and Traktor Pro 2, but you may want to look at the correct document for your version:

As long as Output 1-2 is assign to Master and Output 3-4 to Monitor, and that your speakers and headphone are connectd to their appropriate outputs, everything should work normally.

Topic starter

Done, but still nothing. Even tried Traktor 3.3.2, same problem. Couldn't be a hardware fault because VDJ works fine. Have been through all the forums here and elsewhere, and pretty much tried everything. Downloaded a midi checker as well; the RMX is peachy, no worries there.

Guess I'll have to stick with VDJ for now.

Thanks for the time.

K

Hello,

In Traktor Pro 2, do you set call Rmx audio board in ASIO or in Wasapi?
If you use Traktor Pro 2 in ASIO, make sure you use Rmx ASIO driver instead of ASIO4All.

@Maxdjack

If he followed the guide, it is clearly indicated that the RMX ASIO needs to be selected.

@Agent Kay

Out of curiosity, if you connect speakers to Output 3-4  on the back on the console (which sends out the same signal as the headphone output), do you hear anything ?

You've tried playing around with the CUE/MIX knob ?

Any chance you can post pictures of your audio configuration in Traktor ?

Topic starter

Hi man

Yeah, I tried connecting the speakers to Output 3-4. Still the same with the headphones, no cue, and the sound on the speakers, of course, is a bit subdued compared to before. Also twiddled with the cue/mix knob to kingdom come, but no ice.

And how do i put up pix that are on my laptop? The pop-up asks for an image url.

Thanks again.

Hello,

Hereafter are the steps to set the Rmx in Traktor Pro 2
1) Set the Rmx in ASIO

2) Start Traktor Pro 2

3) Select Hercules DJ Console Rmx ASIO as sound card

4) Set output 3-4 as output monitor and output 1-2 as output master

5) Load DJ Console Rmx preset file in Traktor (Import file DJ_Rmx_TP2_v201(PC).tsi)

And mix.

If you look for a way to post images on forums, you can use http://postimage.org/ for example. 

Topic starter

Thanks for that, Made In Breizh. Those are my settings exactly, as you can see:

But the damn cue doesn't work. Frustrating. Oh, another thing I noticed. Don't know if it's related, but when I turn the headphone volume knob on the RMX, there's no turn on the corresponding Traktor knob. I have to use the mouse/touchpad to increase the headphone volume on Traktor.

That's it, cheers

Hello Kay,

1) Your settings seem OK, it should work, I don't know why it doesn't work.

2) Turning the headphones headphones volume button on Rmx while the corresponding Traktor knob don't move is normal : Rmx headphones knob is a hardware control, not a software control (it set the volume of an amplifier built in the Rmx).

3) As the ASIO doesn't work, here is a process to make get preview in Traktor Pro 2.

a) Set the Rmx in WDM

b) Run Traktor Pro 2

c) In Audio setup, load Hercules DJ Console Rmx (Wasapi (Share Mode) as audio device.

d) Load the Hercules DJ Console Rmx (Wasapi (Share Mode) as built-in soundcard.

e) In Output routing, set Speaker Out 2 & 3 as output monitor and Speaker Out 0 & 1 as output master.

f) And load the TSI file.

On my computer, it works and I can preview in the headphones.

PS: In Windows, you can grab screenshots of the active window in pushing on the keys Alt+PrintScreen on your computer keyboard, it is easier than shooting your screen.

Topic starter

Thanks a bunch, maxdjack, but no, it doesn't help. I'm thinking it could be a hardware fault because i'm getting the same problem with Mixxx. At the same time, VDJ works perfectly. So, wtf???

Maybe I should try another laptop. Will let you know of the results.

Ta

Regarding screenshots, Windows 7 include a little program called Snipping Tool (Start > All Programs > Accessories ) with which you can select only the portion of the screen you need.

Now for your problem, could you try something for me:

Install the newly released drivers (7.HDJS.2011)

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1

Once the installation is complete, go to the DJ Control Panel, and change the ASIO buffer size to something like 15 ms. Then try Traktor again.

Looking at your computer's specs, I noticed that it uses an nVidia nForce chipset (which manages the USB ports), and that there has been 10 BIOS updates since the release of this model. Now, this doesn't mean that it's not a good computer, but you may want to apply the latest updates ( BIOS and nVidia nForce drivers, if not already present). nForce chiptsets have had issues with audio interface in the past , but I would like to believe that they've put this troubles behind.  

Topic starter

Phatso: Thanks for the info on screenshots. As for the problem, it persists. Tried what you suggested. Ran a device scanner as well, everything's up to date. Checked out Deckadance. Nada.

Oh well. Happy hols.

Topic starter

Hi all,

I use Dj console Rmx with NI komplete audio 6 (master output) and have a question:
How can I mix and at the same time hear headphones sound (cue) from Rmx controller ?
I tried to select monitor output 3 - 4 but nothing changed ; (

looking forward to see your helpful answers 
kind regards

my software: Traktor 2 / Windows 7  64bit

Hello,

I suggest you use the same audio device for monitor outpout and for speaker out, so that your computer is not compelled to synchronize 2 differents devices (which adds latency and can cause audio glitches), so the 3 best solutions are:
- Solution 1: you connect your headphones on the headphones output of your Komplete audio 6 interface, and you use only Komplete audio 6 as only audio interface,
- Solution 2: you connect your speakers on DJConsole Rmx master output (channel 1-2), and you use DJConsole Rmx as only audio interface,
- Solution 3: you set your Rmx as audio interface in your DJ software for both the master output and the heapdhones output, you add a dual RCA audio cable between Rmx output 1-2 and Komplete Audio 6 input 3-4, so that when you play your master output on the Rmx, it i played in the Komplete Audio 6.

Topic starter

Thanks for the answer,

I usually play with Rmx soundcard and haven't any problems with headphons,
I don't know why, but my traktor crashes when I was trying to mix 4decks.
that's why I really want to use my Komplet audio 6 as soundcard,
which I think is better, so I have to use both.
actually my problem is prelistening (cueing) headphones from Rmx durring mixing. (when my master output is Komplete audio 6)

looking to hear back from you
thanks 

Hello Hygro,

Being unable to play the sound simultaneously on 2 audio devices in Traktor is logical since Traktor selects only 1 audio device (as combining 2 audio devices causes synchronization issues and audio glitches).
I don't understand why you don't try as I suggest,
- either using the headphones output of the Komplete Audio 6 as I suggest in solution 1,
- or using the master output of Rmx (and direct it to Komplete Audio 6 input) as I suggest in Solution 3,
since in my opinion, these are the best solutions (your experience of Traktor crashing while mixing 4 deck is another matter, it is a bug which should be solved, but I try not to mix 2 different issues in the same post, as nobody can understand anything afterwards).

But if you absolutely want to keep the same settings as you currently have
- Master out on Komplete Audio 6 channel  1-2,
- Monitoring on Rmx channel 3-4,
then you can aggregate the master output 1-2 of the Komplete Audio 6 + the output channel 3-4 of DJ Console Rmx2 in one virtual audio device.

• In Windows, the easiest is to install ASIO4All, activate these 2 separate stereo outputs in Asio4All, and select Asio4All as audio device in Traktor Pro.
  • If you are in Mac OS, there is an option to aggregate audio devices described here. Once you have created an aggregate audio device, you can select it as audio device in Traktor, and then select the inputs and outputs you want to use.

Whether you are in ASIO4ALL or in Mac OS aggregate, you must make sure both devices are set on the same frequency rate and step (as 44.1KHz in 16-bit). This solution is more complicated than the 3 solutions I have suggested.

PS : for any technical question, you should complete your profile in:
- checking the field "Hercules equipment in use", and "software in use"
- completing the field "Describe your equipment" with you computer brand, model, type (desktop / laptop), operating system, CPU, RAM, driver version
as it is the only way the technical answers you get match with your equipment.

Topic starter

Hello,

thank you for detailed information, I'll try 
these options and choose the best one ; .. 

Hello,

1) I had forgotten to mention it: to load DJ Console Rmx in ASIO4All, you must set the Rmx in WDM mode.

2) Here is an example of the use of Asio4All.

Page 1 / 2