Notifications
Clear all

eq

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
my friend from america gave me a hercules dj mp3 e2 controller and i lived in the philippines.

currently im having problem with the high knob on the eq on deck 2, im not touching the knob on the controller. but its moving on the software. im using virtual dj version 7.

i tried reinstalling the driver of hercules and vdj. ran ccleaner. restarted my computer.

still the same.

as of now im running midi monitor to check on my controller. but then i couldnt understand the manual because it is in french

heres the specs of my computer
fujitsu lifebook c series c 2330
ram 1.2gig
windows xp professional edition service pack 2

unluckily i dont have the budget yet to buy a new controller. because im just starting as a dj.

Here are some english instructions on how to test your controller with MIDI monitor:

If there is indeed a hardware problem with the potentiometer, there isn't unfortunately not much that can be done.

On a side note, I'd recommend applying Service Pack 3 to Windows XP.

Topic starter

how can i check if the eq is working properly should i open midi monitor together with vdj at the same time while testing the knobs

i'll try to upgrade to service pack 3

The point of using another program to test the controller is to isolate the problem as much as possible, so make sure VDJ is not running before launching MIDI Monitor.

If there is a jitter problem with the EQ potentiometer (as seems to indicate the reaction in VDJ), you should get a similar behavior in MIDI Monitor (i.e. data being sent by the controller without having to interact with it). 

Topic starter

The point of using another program to test the controller is to isolate the problem as much as possible, so make sure VDJ is not running before launching MIDI Monitor.

If there is a jitter problem with the EQ potentiometer (as seems to indicate the reaction in VDJ), you should get a similar behavior in MIDI Monitor (i.e. data being sent by the controller without having to interact with it). 

there was a jittering effect when i tried moving the high knob on the EQ

But if you don't interact with the knob, is there data being sent anyway (which would visualy translate to the EQ knob moving by itself in the VDJ interface)?

Topic starter

But if you don't interact with the knob, is there data being sent anyway (which would visualy translate to the EQ knob moving by itself in the VDJ interface)?

yes there was data sent in the midi monitor even if i dont interact with the knob

Topic starter

hi DJ Phatso can you add me as your friend

tnx