Notifications
Clear all

traktor vs. vdj

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

is it just me, or does vdj pro suck compared to traktor pro? traktor has much better effects.

i wish there were about 8 more knobs on the rmx though for effects. we have 12 assignable buttons which is way overkill for loop control in traktor pro if you ask me.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Hey factory81 --

An easy, cheap solution for me was to purchase a Korg nanoKontrol for $60.

You can always remap your kit in Traktor. I used Cioce's fine MIDI profle as a base and tweaked it to work with my nanoKontrol thus allowing me a lot more room on the RMX.

3 Answers
Topic starter

I like the sound quality on Tractor Pro a touch better than VDJ 5.2.1. However, the writing directly to MP3 files that Traktor Pro does is making it no go for me. No amount of effects could get me past software messing with my largest investment - MUSIC.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Solution found for the MP3 buggery. Change Properties Now! allows you to quickly set files to Read Only by file type and across all folders. Much faster, and easier on your hard drive (can you say CHURN), than using Windows search and changing properties manually (well for over 30k files anyway - I suppose if you have like a dozen files than go right on ahead and do so manually, but then why do you own Traktor hehe).

Does anybody know how much Traktor functionality you give up by doing this? I'm assuming I won't get grids but I don't know how much (like effects) use the grids.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hey factory81 --

an easy, cheap solution for me was to purchase a korg nanokontrol for $60.

you can always remap your kit in traktor. i used cioces fine midi profle as a base and tweaked it to work with my nanokontrol thus allowing me a lot more room on the rmx.

Topic starter

i like the sound quality on tractor pro a touch better than vdj 5.2.1. however, the writing directly to mp3 files that traktor pro does is making it no go for me. no amount of effects could get me past software messing with my largest investment - music.

Topic starter

solution found for the mp3 buggery. change properties now! allows you to quickly set files to read only by file type and across all folders. much faster, and easier on your hard drive (can you say churn), than using windows search and changing properties manually (well for over 30k files anyway - i suppose if you have like a dozen files than go right on ahead and do so manually, but then why do you own traktor hehe).

does anybody know how much traktor functionality you give up by doing this? im assuming i wont get grids but i dont know how much (like effects) use the grids.