Notifications
Clear all

use of hercules steel with internal sound card

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi all!

please excuse my ignorance in this kind of matters but, would it be possible to use hercules steel with my internal pc sound card, to monitor and playback, until i get a descent external one? it is supposed to be a "high definition" 7.1 on board card..

thank you for your help in advance smile

3 Answers

Hello DeeJae,

Yes, DJ Control Steel can be used with your 7.1 internal PC sound card.
If your PC sound card integrates a preamp for headphones on line output 1-2 (as you get generally on PC sound card), then you should assign in your DJ software (VirtualDJ DJC 5 included in DJ Control Steel, or your own DJ software)
- the monitor (preview) channels on output 1-2
- the mix (main) channels on output 3-4, or 5-6, or 7-8.

3 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks so much for your answer Maxdjack Cool

now, will I also be able to use the microphone function of the soundcard? As I mentioned previously it is a Realtek HD chip and it's got a mic input like they all do.

Basicaly I am interested in webcasting (using Traktor software) and a mic function would be essential.
I will not be able to use an external soundcard for about a month or so, so would the mic still work with the sound card of the PC?
Sorry for asking all these things, but just a week ago I bought a BCD 3000 controller and want to replace it with something better, so I wouldn't wanna sit on 2 "useless" (each for it's own reasons) controllers...hope u know what I mean.

thanks again! Laughing

3 Answers

Hello DeeJae,

I don't think you can talk over the music with a RealTek sound card, since to talk over the music, you need a hardware mixing function to mix the microphone input over the music: with Realtek sound card, you will either play the music streaming, or play microphone streaming, but I doubt you can mix both.

To talk over the music, you need a hardware mixer, as either a mixing table or a DJ Console Rmx.
To record the music with the microphone input mixed on it, you need to connect your mixing table or DJ Console Rmx stereo output to the stereo line input of your Realtek sound board, and broadcast the streaming arriving on this line input.

3 Answers
Topic starter

hello deejae,

yes, dj control steel can be used with your 7.1 internal pc sound card.
if your pc sound card integrates a preamp for headphones on line output 1-2 (as you get generally on pc sound card), then you should assign in your dj software (virtualdj djc 5 included in dj control steel, or your own dj software)
- the monitor (preview) channels on output 1-2
- the mix (main) channels on output 3-4, or 5-6, or 7-8.

Topic starter

thanks so much for your answer maxdjack cool

now, will i also be able to use the microphone function of the soundcard? as i mentioned previously it is a realtek hd chip and its got a mic input like they all do.

basicaly i am interested in webcasting (using traktor software) and a mic function would be essential.
i will not be able to use an external soundcard for about a month or so, so would the mic still work with the sound card of the pc?
sorry for asking all these things, but just a week ago i bought a bcd 3000 controller and want to replace it with something better, so i wouldnt wanna sit on 2 "useless" (each for its own reasons) controllers...hope u know what i mean.

thanks again! laughing

Topic starter

hello deejae,

i dont think you can talk over the music with a realtek sound card, since to talk over the music, you need a hardware mixing function to mix the microphone input over the music: with realtek sound card, you will either play the music streaming, or play microphone streaming, but i doubt you can mix both.

to talk over the music, you need a hardware mixer, as either a mixing table or a dj console rmx.
to record the music with the microphone input mixed on it, you need to connect your mixing table or dj console rmx stereo output to the stereo line input of your realtek sound board, and broadcast the streaming arriving on this line input.