using the hercules ...

Notifications
Clear all

using the hercules rmx as an output for itunes

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my old amp broke, which was an amp and a pre amp, i now have a seperate amplifier and i use the hercules rmx pre amp. i was wondering if there is a way that i can play my itunes songs through the pre amp built into the rmx and out of my big speakers instead of just my laptop as im currently only able to play single songs through traktor and id like to be able to do whole albums without having to change every song.

sorry if i havnt worded this overly well, i have a fairly limited knowledge when it comes to cables and outputs!

thanks in advance.

For your information, the Rmx does not contain a preamp, and only amplified speakers should be connected to it.

As for your question:

When installed and connected, the Rmx should become the computer default audio device (unless this was changed manually).   

As you didn't mention if you are using a PC or a MAC:

For PC:

- First, from the DJ Control panel, make sure the audio mode is set to WDM , as this is the mode required for most applications.

- From Windows Control panel > Sound> Playback, highlight the Rmx then click Set Default

Now, sounds being played under Windows, including iTunes, will come out of the Rmx

For MAC:

- From System Preferences > Sound > Outputs,  select the Rmx.

Now, sounds being played under OS X, including iTunes, will come out of the Rmx.

All this being said, Traktor is also able to play playlist automatically. This function is called Cruise mode.