Notifications
Clear all

Hercules DJ Control Inpulse 500 is not working on Serato DJ lite

1 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter

Hi,

I recently bought this machine, I plugged it in and quickly tested Serato DJ Lite and it worked perfectly the first time.

But the next day nothing... it seems that the turntable is stuck in demo mode. Only a few pads are lit up and the rest of the buttons don't work, so it's impossible to control tracks with it.

The user manual doesn't mention anything about this, so I tried a few things on my own:

• I unplugged and replugged several times before and after opening Serato.

• I installed and reinstalled the drivers and Serato software many times

• I tested different connections because my turntable is connected to a usb hub as I only have usb C on my computer (I'm thinking of buying a usb C cable to connect the turntable directly to my computer for testing).

In short, this isn't my only problem because I also have problems with the Serato DJ Pro trial period, but that another thing...

I'll give you some more info, I'm on MacBook Pro M3 OS Sonoma 14.3.1, the latest version of Serato DJ Lite 3.1.5.

1 Answer

Hello Gloom,

Welcome to the community area.

1) Can you test in Djuced ( https://www.djuced.com/ ) if Djuced detects the DJ controller (to know if your issue is software / hardware settings related)?

2) What is your USB hub model?

3) Please describe your MacBook Pro M3 model.

4) In Hercules DJ control panel (for which you have made a screenshot), the 3 grey icons (speaker, MIDI connector, lamp)  on bottom right can be used for testing.
Can you click on the
- speaker icon: do you hear a test sound in the speaker master output and in the headphones output? (Click again on the icon to stop the test)
- lamp icon: does it light up/light down all LEDs on the DJ controller?