Problem with button...

Notifications
Clear all

Problem with buttons

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I purchased the DJControl Mix recently (about two days ago) and have been experimenting with it.  It was working fine until I unplugged it and re-plugged it in, reconnecting in the Wireless MIDI settings. it seemed to connect ok, however, only the knobs and faders work, none of the buttons work.

Sync, Play, Cue, the hot cue/sampler buttons, the headphone buttons, shift, etc. light up okay but do NOT work

the tempo slider, jog wheels, volume and filter knobs, and the crossfader work as they should.

the Play and Cue buttons remain blinking but DO NOT FUNCTION.  They seem to have MIDI assignments in the settings pane of the software.

I am using Algoriddim DJay on an older iPad Pro.  Djay is licensed and the paid version. It is version 5.1.3

I have tried hard resetting the iPad.  I have tried repeatedly plugging and unplugging the device and reconnecting to no avail.

I tried a different USB cable, but it had no visible effect, so I have gone back to the factory supplied cable.

I'm not certain if anyone will see this or has any ideas about what I should do.  If I can't find a solution to this problem I will have to return the device.

thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

2 Answers
Topic starter

I fixed it!

I went back to the different cable and plugged it into a different USB hub, being completely out of ideas, and it decided to work! It's possible my old hub is slightly too low powered, or the factory cable is bad, or just bad enough to not allow certain button presses through the wireless midi. I don't know. But when I am on support forums and I see a question from someone with the same problem as me, and then they post "Fixed!" without telling anyone exactly how to fix it, nothings more irritating. If you are that person, today's your lucky day.

So here's how I fixed the problem:

I downloaded the app "MidiSpy" and "Protokol" from the itunes app store. Both were free apps that do the same thing: look at MIDI signals. Both worked with the wireless MIDI devices, although I had to connect the DJControl Mix in the DJay app first, then in MidiSpy I had to tick the checkboxes with them in the device preferences to make sure the inputs were being read. Then I fiddled with the knobs and buttons and saw that the knobs, jog wheel, etc were working delivering data to the iPad, and pressed some buttons, and they did NOT show any data. so I knew whatever problem there was was not the software, but the controller itself.

I plugged the USB power cable into a powered hub (like a phone charger, it has no data connection, just power) and used a different cable to do so, and ran through the setup/connection routine again, and lo and behold it started working in MidiSpy, and then normally in DJay.

the only thing i changed was the power cable. So if you, dear reader, are struggling with this issue, try swapping out different USB-C cables, and also plug it into a wall charger or a USB power source that is slightly more powerful than an old data hub.

best of luck to you

ken.kissaki 23/03/2024 11:02 am

Hi STOAT77, I had the same problem, and just read yours now. I will check the cable today, because I had exactly same problem just an hrs before I read your posting.

But for few days, this controller have strange behavior. this time I use default power cable and use android phone power plug in, and connect multi hub for audio with my M1 iPad Pro.

1st day, I was so wonderful.. all works, the only thing is the sound on headphone was very low.

2nd day, the sound doesn't go out to speaker. I already use split output but still same. only on Headphone was working. I don't know what I did, I just try on menu, and suddenly all work fine.

3rd day, very strange , my cross fader working as tempo adjustment, I believe I didn't change anything. I was a very stressful night.. after 1 hrs, it was back to normal..

I really don't what happen with it..

Dear Admin, please take a look on this problem. what shall I need to do.

Hello StoaT77,

Thanks a lot.