behringer djx700 + ...

Notifications
Clear all

behringer djx700 + hercules rmx headphone cue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, i cant get my headphone cues right. connecting the behringer djx700 and hercules rmx, i cant trigger the cue select to deck a and deck b. i only can hear the audio from deck b using headphones. any tips and suggestions?

3 Answers

Can you detailled how everything is connected between the Rmx and the mixer?

Are your headphone connected to the Rmx of the mixer ? 

Also, what software are you using and how is it configured? 

3 Answers
Topic starter

while writing this reply post, i was experimenting it at the same time. in the end, i figured the problem and now working properly πŸ™‚

here's how i connect it;

from rmx to djx700 :
output ch 1/2 to input 1
output ch 3/4 to input 2

Audio out from the Master Out of the djx700

im using virtualdj5.

the audio setup:

inputs: none
outputs: external mixer
soundcards: djconsole rmx

output channels; if i select:
left deck: ch 1/2  / right deck ch 3/4 (i can only hear my right deck in the headphones, none for the left deck while both songs are playing)

i have also tried connecting my headphones on the djx700 (output on master out), both channels in the headphones are as what i hear on the speakers live.

heres what i did;

in the djx700, i connect the output speakers to 'BOOTH' but the sound cracks (because the booth level is set to the max which i didnt realise it earlier). i thought this was not the right output for speakers too.

I level down the booth volume and balance it with the speakers volume level. I checked it in the headphones and speakers, both works properly πŸ™‚

3 Answers

Glad you figured it out. It's really that complicated when you start to understand the principle and experiment a bit.

3 Answers
Topic starter

can you detailled how everything is connected between the rmx and the mixer?

are your headphone connected to the rmx of the mixer ? 

also, what software are you using and how is it configured? 

Topic starter

while writing this reply post, i was experimenting it at the same time. in the end, i figured the problem and now working properly πŸ™‚

heres how i connect it;

from rmx to djx700 :
output ch 1/2 to input 1
output ch 3/4 to input 2

audio out from the master out of the djx700

im using virtualdj5.

the audio setup:

inputs: none
outputs: external mixer
soundcards: djconsole rmx

output channels; if i select:
left deck: ch 1/2  / right deck ch 3/4 (i can only hear my right deck in the headphones, none for the left deck while both songs are playing)

i have also tried connecting my headphones on the djx700 (output on master out), both channels in the headphones are as what i hear on the speakers live.

heres what i did;

in the djx700, i connect the output speakers to booth but the sound cracks (because the booth level is set to the max which i didnt realise it earlier). i thought this was not the right output for speakers too.

i level down the booth volume and balance it with the speakers volume level. i checked it in the headphones and speakers, both works properly πŸ™‚

Topic starter

glad you figured it out. its really that complicated when you start to understand the principle and experiment a bit.