dj console mk4 not ...

Notifications
Clear all

dj console mk4 not working with new macbook air

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi - i wanted to use my dj console mk4 with my new macbook air so i connected, it lit up but wouldnt work so i assumed an updated driver would be needed. i got the latest version & installed but then got a message that the firmware needed to be updated also. i did this also but now my console wont work at all and doesnt show any signs of being connected....no lights etc..........please can you help ?
im using a macbook air 13", 1.7 ghz intel core i7 with 8 gb 1600 mhz ddr3, running os x 10.9.1.

Try a powered USB hub between the console and the MacBook.

Because of its portable and compact nature, the MacBook Air cannot deliver as much power to the USB ports. A powered USB hub will allow constant power, which will allow the console to be enumerated properly by the computer.

Topic starter

OK, thanks for the reply......will give it a go asap.

Topic starter

Hi - I have a powered USB hub in place now, have connected and there is still no connectivity. Should i try to connect in a specific way ?

Do you still have access to the other computer to make sure it works , as the Firmware update procedure might have failed, which woud prevent it from being enumerated properly?

Topic starter

Yes - I've got my old PC right here - so will try to connect and see what happens.

Topic starter

OK, connected to old PC and no light up but it said searching for driver software so i'm downloading that now and will install

Topic starter

Getting zip from my old Windows PC now also. This is frustrating as it seems to be the firmware update that has caused it to stop working........what can I do from here ?

Try the following procedure, starting at Step # 5, adapting to the MK4 (instead of the Rmx).

Topic starter

Hi......OK, so on my Windows PC i plug in the controller but get a USB error message saying that the driver isn't recognised / installed.

In device manager it sees the DJ Console as "Unknown Device" underneath Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

In the DJ Console Series - Firmware Updater it doesn't show anything at all so it's not seeing the controller. 

Which version of Windows do you have on that PC?

Do you notice any prompts related to a new device being installed ?

Are you sure you've kept the MIC button long enough (the MK4 is really long to initialize)?

Is this the same on multiple USB ports ?

Topic starter

hi, so i have a single USB on the right side and when i first plug in the console there i get a prompt that says "USB device not recognised - one of the devices connected to this computer by USB has malfunctioned"............. i plug in with the Mic On/Off button pressed and i keep holding it - have done this for up to 2/3 minutes.  

It shows in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers as "Unknown Device".

If i connect to either of the ports on the left side then i dont get the initial "USB device not recognised" prompt and it shows in Device Manager under Other Devices  as "Unknown Device".

Windows is Version 7 Home Premium SP1.

On all occasions i have kept the Mic On/Off button depressed for 2/3 minutes.

Topic starter

Hi - could you take a look at my latest post and let me know what I can do next please - I have a gig on Saturday and really need to get my DJ Console Mk4 working..........thanks.

You haven't been forgotten, just been quite busy.

Just to be thorough, you've tried other USB cables and maybe going through your USB hub ?

If your console is seen as Unknown device, it may mean that the failed update attemp damaged the internal firmware. Unfortunately, if this is the case, there isn't much that can be done.

However, there could also be a problem where Windows is somehow stuck and might always recongnize your device the same way, which ever port you use. Let's see if it is the case.

- With the console connected, right-click on the "Unknown Device" and select Uninstall. If the is also a "USB Composite Device" you may want to do the same.

- Disconnect and reconnect the console while holding the MIC button as previously.

Hopefully this time the Bulk driver will instead be detected and you'll be able to perform the update.

Topic starter

Hi Guys - have tried this also multiple times and still no success so should I assume that my DJ Console MK4 is now 'dead' ?

If this is the case then it's massively disapointing as it's the firmware upgrade process that is the cause.

Is their no way of backing out or reloading a baseline firmware image other than the process I've been trying unsuccessfully ? 

The firmware update process is built to be recoverable in most circumstances, but obviously nothing is fullproof.

When the method you've tried many time doesn't work, there is a chance it could be recoverable, but it require opening the unit and reprogramming it with the proper tools, which you obviously don't have at your disposal.

Is your console still under warranty?

Page 1 / 2