hercules starlight ...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules starlight problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
greetings! maybe here i can find a solution to the problem..
the situation is as follows. something happened to my hercules tarlight controller, it seemed to go into standby/sleep mode and doesnt react to anything.
it blinks like a christmas tree garland from left to right.
in this case, all the buttons are pressed and the hot keys work, but for a split second they light up, after which the controller simply starts blinking again there is no sound signal when connecting to windows there are no signs of connection on the macbook either.
in djused it says that there is no midi controller..
i tried changing wires, reinstalling drivers and all software but the result is zero..

maybe someone has encountered a similar problem and can help me solve it crycrycry

windows 10, macos 10.15.7

Hello Fifofam,

Welcome to the forum.

1) Please precise the meaning of "In this case, all the buttons are pressed and the hot keys work, but for a split second they light up, after which the controller simply starts blinking again".
I do not understand which key you call Hot keys : do you mean the "Hot Cue" buttons are backlit and you can light on "Loop" button instead of "Hot Cue" button when you press on it or do you mean they do something else.

2) When you check Hercules DJ control panel in Windows notification area, does Hercules control panel app:
- detect a Hercules DJ controller, and then the Control Panel (CPL) icon displays no red mark

- or fail to detect the DJ controller, and then the CPL icon has a red mark.

3) In case the Hercules Control Panel icon detects the DJControl Starlight, please click on it, and go the about tab and precise which firmware version is detected. Is it Firmware 1.27?

Topic starter
Sorry.
about the hotkey that I had due to the fact that the shift switch works, the buttons start blinking.
(for example, after pressing shift + hot cue)

There is an icon with a cross in the notification area

Hello Fifofam,

The remaining test is to try a firmware update.
Please left-click on Windows icon on your screen, select Run and type, with the "

"C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\cpl2\firmware\HDJSeries2Updater" -manual

Click on OK
If the controller is detected, you can try updating the firmware in following the on-screen instructions.

If the controller is not detected, I am afraid it is a hardware defect, so
- maybe the defectiveness is only the mini USB connector, and it can be repaired if you know how to unsolder/solder wires on a small printed circuit board
- maybe the defectiveness is elsewhere, for example in the micro controller, and it cannot be repaired.