mac rmx help extern...

Notifications
Clear all

mac rmx help external hd search

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi guys, i just ordered the hercules rmx. i also have the new macbook pro that just came out. i have been playing around with the trial version of vdj. i have an external hard drive hooked up via usb to the computer. when i open vdj it doesnt show the external drive on the side with all the computers documents. am i not seeing something or should i be lookign somewhere else. when i had a pc it would show up on the side as a e or f drive, but nothing with the mac. thanks so much for your help. and if you have any tips or pointers with the prog and my mac. ill be djing a friends wedding in the next couple of weeks and dont want to screw up.

7 Answers
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm not familar with the Mac OS or VirtualDJ on the mac, but this might have something to do with the Read/write permission of the H/drive on the Mac system.

It's worth a check, mate.

I've seen this a few times in the Mac forum on the VirtualDJ site, when I've stumbled in there.

7 Answers

Hello utbaseball30,

In VirtualDJ DJC 5.2.1 for DJ Console Rmx and in VirtualDJ Pro 5.2.1 in Mac OS 10.5, the first line you read in the browsing area is "Volumes". When you develop the "Volumes" line (click on this line to develop it), you get the list of the storage connected to the Mac, as
- the internal hard disk,
- the external hard disk,
- the USB keys,
and you can browse in these volumes to load the music files stored on these volumes.

If you don't find the external hard disk when you develop the volumes line, please precise what you call the trial version of VDJ, is it
- VirtualDJ DJC 5 (which is not a trial version: it has no time limit)
- or VirtualDJ Pro 20 days version?

7 Answers
Topic starter

My Hercules RMX is scheduled for delivery today. I believe that includes the LE version. I currently have the 5.0 Beta version. This was sent to me via email. I went under volumes and all it showed was the Mac HD, not my external. Do I have to reformat the drive to Mac and not NTFS. Im able to play the music but the drive just isnt recognized in VDJ.  Thanks again for all the help

7 Answers

Utbaseball30,

What is your version of Mac OS: Panther or Leopard?
Is your hard disk detected in Mac OS out of VirtualDJ: when you plug it, do you see its icon displayed in your Mac and can you explore it in Mac OS, beside not seeing it in VirtualDJ?

7 Answers
Topic starter

Hi guys, thanks for all your help. Once I received the RMX I got to download the latest software and everything works smoothly. Ill be spinning at a friends wedding in 3 weeks. They are supplying me some non powered crate psm12 speakers, Im assumming Ill need a power amp. Will I be able to plug the mixer into the amp and be good to go?  Also any thoughts or suggestions on a microphone

Thanks for all the help

7 Answers

Hello Utbaseball30,

Yes, you will need a power amplifier for the speakers, and you can plug the DJ Console Rmx output 1-2 into the amp.
Regarding the microphone, most microphones can be OK, the best is to choose w microphone with
- an impedance not higher than 100 ohms, so that the audio level remains high,
- unidirectional microphone (you should be close to the microphone to speak), since it reduces the risk of larsen.

7 Answers
Topic starter

Will formatting my NFTS external hard drive speed up the loading speeds on the VDJ for my Macbook pro?

7 Answers
Topic starter

hi,

im not familar with the mac os or virtualdj on the mac, but this might have something to do with the read/write permission of the h/drive on the mac system.

its worth a check, mate.

ive seen this a few times in the mac forum on the virtualdj site, when ive stumbled in there.

Topic starter

hello utbaseball30,

in virtualdj djc 5.2.1 for dj console rmx and in virtualdj pro 5.2.1 in mac os 10.5, the first line you read in the browsing area is "volumes". when you develop the "volumes" line (click on this line to develop it), you get the list of the storage connected to the mac, as
- the internal hard disk,
- the external hard disk,
- the usb keys,
and you can browse in these volumes to load the music files stored on these volumes.

if you dont find the external hard disk when you develop the volumes line, please precise what you call the trial version of vdj, is it
- virtualdj djc 5 (which is not a trial version: it has no time limit)
- or virtualdj pro 20 days version?

Topic starter

my hercules rmx is scheduled for delivery today. i believe that includes the le version. i currently have the 5.0 beta version. this was sent to me via email. i went under volumes and all it showed was the mac hd, not my external. do i have to reformat the drive to mac and not ntfs. im able to play the music but the drive just isnt recognized in vdj.  thanks again for all the help

Topic starter

utbaseball30,

what is your version of mac os: panther or leopard?
is your hard disk detected in mac os out of virtualdj: when you plug it, do you see its icon displayed in your mac and can you explore it in mac os, beside not seeing it in virtualdj?

Topic starter

hi guys, thanks for all your help. once i received the rmx i got to download the latest software and everything works smoothly. ill be spinning at a friends wedding in 3 weeks. they are supplying me some non powered crate psm12 speakers, im assumming ill need a power amp. will i be able to plug the mixer into the amp and be good to go?  also any thoughts or suggestions on a microphone

thanks for all the help

Topic starter

hello utbaseball30,

yes, you will need a power amplifier for the speakers, and you can plug the dj console rmx output 1-2 into the amp.
regarding the microphone, most microphones can be ok, the best is to choose w microphone with
- an impedance not higher than 100 ohms, so that the audio level remains high,
- unidirectional microphone (you should be close to the microphone to speak), since it reduces the risk of larsen.

Topic starter

will formatting my nfts external hard drive speed up the loading speeds on the vdj for my macbook pro?