since adding the rm...

Notifications
Clear all

since adding the rmx, my usb mixer doesnt work

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

i use a dmx01usb mixer (numark) with my icdx set up, but ever since adding the rmx to the laptop my dxm does not work right.

the two players are not separated they both play on both sides of the mixer.

6 Answers
Topic starter

i can see from the web site that there is no dedicated drivers for the dmx.  any chance you are using it with something like asio4all ? 

Topic starter

no im not using asio4all mate,

just the drivers for rmx from the hercules tech site.

and the default drivers windows chose when it was first plugged in, for the dmx.

Topic starter

ok, so run me through your configuration.  what goes into what ? what soundcard is running the show ?

i see that the dmx can be seen as two different soudcards. is that how you are using it ?

Topic starter

i use both usb connection out of the dmx into a 4 usbhub, along with two icdx going into my laptop. and one other usb connection, an external hard drive.

before installing the rmx, player one would be on one side and player two on the other. the dmx has a "hamster" switch to flip the players from one side to the other, so if it booted up reversed i would "hamster" the mixer and it would work fine.

now both players play on both side of the mixer.

Topic starter

and how about the soundcard configuration in windows and vdj ?

from what i understand from the manual of the dmx, its like you have two individual usb soundcard sending their signal to the mixer which, allows you to redirect the signal to whichever output.

my guess is that by adding another usb audio device (such as the rmx, which becomes the default playback device of the system when connected), it simply changed your soundcard configuration, obviously changing how vdj or other softwares behave.

Topic starter

i declared no joy and plan to do a system restore later this week.

thank you for your help, but i think that is the only way to resolve this one. and possibly change the order i install them in next time.

thanks again dj phatso but i see no other way around for this mess.......frown