need djcontrol inpu...

Notifications
Clear all

need djcontrol inpulse 500 calibration guide

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my inpulse 500 is just over 1 months old and about a month ago i noticed myfx knob on deck 1 was drifting slightly to the left. ive also noticed at it jumps around mid set as well. the controller is under warranty.

to rule out any software issues, ive tested it on both djuced latest version, serato dj lite 3.0.6 and vdj 2023 b7555 and the problem persists. i use the controller with usb only and trying multiple usb ports didnt help.

it needs to be recalibrated so please send/email me the inpulse 500 calibration guide soon.

thanks
gazing

Hello Gazing,

Welcome to the forum.

1) I do not understand: "it jumps around mid set as well". Do you mean
- the control moves alone (in software), so that while you do not touch the Filter knob, the software receives MIDI command as if an invisible hand was turning the knob (it is generally called jitter)
- or do you mean it is difficult to reach some values close to the centre, which is normal as there is a click at the centre (a centre detent): the difficulty to reach the values the closest to the centre is one of the reason why some tempo faders have no longer centre detent.

2) Please accept my invitation sent to https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/friends/

and send me afterwards,on the forum private messaging, a message with 
Title "Need DJControl Inpulse 500 Calibration guide" 
Contents: link to this discussion
so that I can send you the document explaining the recalibration process.
3) Please do not post twice the same request as you did in posting also on
https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-hardware/034246/ : forums are not social media with timelines making one lose the view of an old discussion: if you post 1 message, it will be read, so reposting a message 2 minutes after the first message is not relevant and does not fit with the forum terms of use.
I delete your other post so that the forum remains clean with question => answers and no duplicate.

Hello Gazing,

Jitter happens gradually on potentiometers, but

1. getting jitter in 1 month is super fast, 
  2. Inpulse 500 filter knobs have metal-shaft pots, stronger than plastic-shaft pots, so in 1 month should not occur.

Please confirm you avoid placing weights on the controller

1. No latpop: a very bad habit is to place a laptop on top of fader caps /rotary caps
  2. No travel in the cargo hold of an aircraft unless it is in a flight case.
If your DJControl Inpulse 500 fully new or is it a second hand unit?

Topic starter

hello i have a problem with my right bass knob just jumping from off to high and beig all jittery when only moving it a little bit. I have this mixer for about 4 months and all of the other things work great except the headphones not working from time to time.

Hello Brzacka,

Welcome to the forum.
Please accept my invitation here so that I can send you the calibration guide.

Topic starter

its been 5 days and u havent sent me anything. 
[Message from the administrator
Please never post you email address in the public pages of the forum. As anybody can read the public pages, a bot may scan the forum, grab the email address and email spams on it]

Topic starter

Hello UX team, I have a similar problem, may I get the calibration guide as well?

Hello levbak,

Welcome to the forum.

and send me afterwards,on the forum private messaging, a message with 
Title "Need DJControl Inpulse 500 Calibration guide" 
so that I can send you the document of DJC Inpulse 500 recalibration process.

If DJControl Inpulse 500 is not well calibrated, the calibration process can restore it. If the issue is jitter (fluctuation of value) on 1 potenotiometer, maybe the recalibration process will not be completed. 

so that I can send you the document explaining the recalibration process.