Notifications
Clear all

rmx/ mac freezing issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

heres the deal,

my hercules rmx console freezes on me on a regular basis now!!! i am thinking it is the usb wire i have to use to connect my console to my macbook pro! can i use a higher speed universal usb cable or do i have to use one from hercules? the reason i think it is the usb cable is because when i use the vdj software by itself on the computer without the console there are no issues. plus i just recently notice the usb cable that comes with the rmx package is pretty cheesy! 

can i get some ideas here to fix this please? i do a lot of live shows on the internet and really need my set to be on point 100%!

appreciate the help! 

3 Answers
Topic starter

thats very weird. i have seen other djs w the rmx use different wires. www.djtechtools.com there store sells knobs and other stuff for controllers. 

3 Answers

@ DJ Coach K

Any USB cable can be used with the Rmx, but ideally, the cable should have a ferrite bead.

As for crashing:

- You are using the latest driver and update for VDJ ?

- Did you take a look at this document:

3 Answers
Topic starter

Thanks Fellas,

I am going over this information now! I am using the latest Driver, I follow the Hercules Tech support for the latest drivers, also I added a ground wire to my set, because someone gave me a tip on static electricity and how it effects the Hercules RMX and so far so good. 

Thanks again 

3 Answers
Topic starter

thats very weird. i have seen other djs w the rmx use different wires. www.djtechtools.com there store sells knobs and other stuff for controllers. 

Topic starter

@ dj coach k

any usb cable can be used with the rmx, but ideally, the cable should have a ferrite bead.

as for crashing:

- you are using the latest driver and update for vdj ?

- did you take a look at this document:

Topic starter

thanks fellas,

i am going over this information now! i am using the latest driver, i follow the hercules tech support for the latest drivers, also i added a ground wire to my set, because someone gave me a tip on static electricity and how it effects the hercules rmx and so far so good. 

thanks again