rmx+nanopad+traktor...

Notifications
Clear all

rmx+nanopad+traktor pro?

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

have anyone any clue how i set this up? the nanopad should take care of the effects and cues/loops its my thought. but now when i start traktor i cant even get rmx go like it did before..

any tips how its should look in preference would be very nice. anyone have a complete tsi for this setup?

any help would be very nice!

4 Answers
Topic starter

You may want to check on the NI forums. I believe that is where I got my NanoPad tsi. I bought mine to use in my DVS setup though, rather than with my RMX. You're bound to find somebody that uses them together though.

4 Answers

The first thing to do is check the MIDI configuration in Traktor to be sure that the Rmx is still active as a controller.

Next, to prevent any possible conflicts between the Rmx and the Nanopad, dedicate each to a MIDI channel. This can be done using the Rmx control Panel and the Nanopad configuration software.

Regarding the configuration of the Nanopad, I would suggest creating a (or many) profile yourself. It may look like a daunting task at first, but the more you know about how-to, the more creative ideas you will have about all the possibilities (plus, it will make troubleshooting much easier if you ever run into problems...).

A good place to start is the user manual, but the Visual MIDI Guide is the go-to ressource:

http://traktorbible.com/en/midiguide.aspx

4 Answers

Hello Toxxx,

The first thing you should check with the Rmx is its MIDI channel (in DJ Console Rmx control panel, at the advanced tab), since if the MIDI channel has changed, your Traktor preset file won'tbe valid any longer.

Then you must check in Traktor the MIDI preset is loaded.

4 Answers
Topic starter

Thank you all, for the help!

The problem was that you wrote Maxdjack it had change Midi channel. Now is it all work to Learn the control to go 🙁
Is there any other way to learn, then in the settings in traktor? Ex some shortcut way?

Anyone who have any nice tsi they will share?

Have sucess to get the dry/wet to the pad, but havent figured out how to set effects on triggers yet hmm

Thanks again dudes!

4 Answers
Topic starter

you may want to check on the ni forums. i believe that is where i got my nanopad tsi. i bought mine to use in my dvs setup though, rather than with my rmx. youre bound to find somebody that uses them together though.

Topic starter

the first thing to do is check the midi configuration in traktor to be sure that the rmx is still active as a controller.

next, to prevent any possible conflicts between the rmx and the nanopad, dedicate each to a midi channel. this can be done using the rmx control panel and the nanopad configuration software.

regarding the configuration of the nanopad, i would suggest creating a (or many) profile yourself. it may look like a daunting task at first, but the more you know about how-to, the more creative ideas you will have about all the possibilities (plus, it will make troubleshooting much easier if you ever run into problems...).

a good place to start is the user manual, but the visual midi guide is the go-to ressource:

http://traktorbible.com/en/midiguide.aspx

Topic starter

hello toxxx,

the first thing you should check with the rmx is its midi channel (in dj console rmx control panel, at the advanced tab), since if the midi channel has changed, your traktor preset file wontbe valid any longer.

then you must check in traktor the midi preset is loaded.

Topic starter

thank you all, for the help!

the problem was that you wrote maxdjack it had change midi channel. now is it all work to learn the control to go 🙁
is there any other way to learn, then in the settings in traktor? ex some shortcut way?

anyone who have any nice tsi they will share?

have sucess to get the dry/wet to the pad, but havent figured out how to set effects on triggers yet hmm

thanks again dudes!