Notifications
Clear all

Headphones are too low

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

Hello! 

I'm the only one getting the sound with wired headphones, so low, that I have to put the Gain level to tha maxium? I have already tried 3 different headphones and when I'm mixing, the sound is always low. 

Can someone, please, give me a clue?!

Best regards

Diogo Carneiro

1 Answer

Hello Diogo Carneiro,

Welcome to the community area.

When you meet a technical issue, please write the technical information described in the message
https://community.hercules.com/community/controllers/guidelines-to-post-messages-in-dj-controllers-area/
since if you do not provide a detailed description of your computer and your software, one cannot tell you which settings you must active in your operating system and your software to correct your issue. If you cannot share technical information, it is better to contact Hercules technical support. 

If I suppose your computer is a Windows computer and your software is Serato DJ, then maybe you hear in your headphones Windows sound instead of hearing Serato Preview.

1) In Serato settings > Audio > Audio Output
uncheck the "Use Laptop Speakers" to prevent Windows from playing a parasite low sound signal

2) On your DJ controller:
a) Set Cue to Master rotary knob on Cue
b) set the headphones volume
c) select what you want to hear in the headphones as
- deck 1, in pushing on the headphones key over deck 1 volume fader,
- deck 2, in pushing on the headphones key over deck 2 volume fader,
d) or if you prefer to listen to the master output, set Cue to Master on Master and activate the Master prelisten Key in pressing on the headphones key located below the master vumeter.